Sunday, September 27, 2009

Diet: Day 6 Update

To my surprise, I have stuck to my diet. I haven't had anything fatty or chocolate for 6 days! I did eat fried chicken one night, but that is the worst I have done. The best part? NO reflux! My stomach has felt GREAT! The most improvement I've noticed is at night and in the morning. I'm actually hungry when I go to bed and wake up in the morning. Previously, in the mornings I would wake up with a lot of pressure between my ribs below my sternum. I haven't had that at all this week!



The hardest part is all the good stuff I still have sitting around the house. I have 3 types of chocolate ice cream bars in the freezer, oreos and fudge stripe cookies in the pantry, hostess cupcakes in the fridge, and brownie mix in the cupboard. Yesterday we went to a gathering and I had to pass up chocolate chip brownies and scotcheroos! Tomorrow I will go to the grocery store and find some alternatives.



I've also had water for every meal, except today I had a little bit of lemonade with lunch.



I'm going to try for another 8 days. Then I'll have given it 2 weeks and add back in one acidic item at a time. The key is truly moderation. I know I can eat SOME acidic foods as long as I conform to the not eating late and not eating too much.



In other news, the Vikes won a GREAT game today. I didn't actually get to see it, but I was following it online. So glad we have Favre.


No comments: