Thursday, October 1, 2009

Day 10 Update

10 days, acid-free, AND chocolate free! Went to the grocery store and bought all the junk I could find that I could eat. I've been doing fine, and I still feel good!



Went to the doctor with an ear infection on Tuesday. Not a big deal, just wanted to catch it before it was out of control. The only reason I mention it was because last night I was laying in bed and Neville, who has NEVER licked any part of my body, began licking my infected ear. Of course, I believe he could sense this was my infected ear. Does anyone else think cats can sense this? Chance thinks it was probably a random incident.



In other news, I submitted the paper to the conference tonight. It feels great to have it done, and I actually feel good about it. Once I stopped worrying about research rules and just wrote what I did, it actually wasn't that bad, and kind of fun.

Dad sent me a surprise gift on Tuesday: A weather station. Now I have to set it up on the roof and somehow figure out how to get the wiring into the house and into the computer. The eventual plan is to have Rooftop Weather-West and have instant updates on the web for the current wind, temp, humidity, and rainfall conditions in Springville, IA.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I'm excited for you about the weather station! You better get something hooked up soon before the weather turns. You'll need something to play with over the winter. As for Neville licking your ear...he KNOWS. Kitty Sue does strange things like that when I've been sick or sad. Oh yeah.