Thursday, April 16, 2009

Neville

Thanks to everyone who voted in my poll! However, we didn't even choose one of those names. After we brought him home and got to know him a bit, none of those names seemed to fit. Chance chose the name "Neville" because in HP, Neville is Harry's loyal friend. Kitty is very loyal too. In fact, he's quite clingy...

Neville can't leave my side. He is at my feet 24/7, and if he leaves the room or I leave the room and he can't see me, he wails. It gets kind of annoying, but I'm working on training. I try not to pay attention to him when he cries, and give him treats when he is quiet. He has been excellent about not jumping up on tables, counters etc...and he doesn't scratch or destroy furniture.

I'm not sure what he does when we leave, but I can guess he probably cries for awhile, and then sleeps during the day. He won't eat unless we are there, and he doesn't like to go upstairs unless we are up there with him. He also doesn't sleep with us...he sleeps on the couch pillows downstairs. I try to escape while he's sleeping to come upstairs. Chance is just getting used to the idea of having a cat in the house, and isn't ready for a 3rd bedmate yet.

Besides being clingy, he really is very well behaved. I've only had to use the water sprayer a couple of times.

He does lick himself a lot...and violently. He bites his fur and is constantly licking. He also scratches a lot and has little bumps all over his little body. When I talked to the vet he thought it was probably flea bites and Neville was allergic. Some of Neville's whiskers are also cut off and he had ear mites. Poor little guy...who knows where he came from.

This weekend Chance's parents are returning to help us paint the living room. This could get interesting since they aren't really cat people. Neville will have to live down the basement for the weekend, and I anticipate a lot of crying...

















In other news, we are having a dish installed today for tv and we now have internet. And then the Lumina leaked gas. And then Rick found that the brakes were rusted, among other parts of the car. So, at 187,000 miles, we will not see the Lumina again. Great time to have to buy a new car, right? Thank you Obama, for the first time homebuyer tax credit, or we would be in a lot of trouble right now!

No comments: