Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I like it like this

It's been a few days since my last post. I didn't think anyone actually read this, but Mom said she follows my blog, so I will continue to update! This time of year is busy for anyone in education, as it is the end of one semester and a month away from the beginning of the next one. This post will accomplish two things: Sum up what I have accomplished recently and the projects I am currently working on.

First a Neville update: Neville was declawed last Monday, and is now doing much better. He was spoiled with attention this weekend from his Grandma Sue and Grandpa Tony, but even then he was sleepy and whiny. He finally started feeling better Sunday and the last couple days he has been running around, playing with his toys, and getting into things he's not supposed to. He's still licking excessively, especially around his paws. He's on my lap now and has just gone to sleep. He had been licking since around 8:00, and its 10:00 now. I'm sure its because of the surgery and maybe that will get better when he gets his stitches out next weekend.

Part I: What I have accomplished in the past week


-With the help of Mama Sue and Papa Tony, we painted the stairway the same off-white that is in the living room. No more green!
-Mama Sue planted grass seed in the back. Chance mowed the lawn for the first time tonight.
-Survived a tornado that came within 15 miles of Springville (we didn't even get a drop of rain during that particular storm, but its still worth mentioning).
-Papa Tony put a motion light on the front porch.
-I acquired a new class: Intro to Computers online. This was a class that was about 1/3 of the way through, but I picked it up after the current instructor was no longer able to teach it. This is my first full online course! It's one thing to help everyone else build their courses, another to teach it yourself. Looking forward to the challenges ahead!
-Moved everything out of the apartment..except the fish tank. Anyone want some goldfish?
-Cleaned the apartment. It's spotless.

Part II: Current To-Do list (most of this needs to be done this week)


-Laundry. Chance has no black socks left
-Address forwarding with the Post Office
-Grading, grading, grading. I have several assignments to catch up on with the new class, plus my Fundamentals students are doing persuasive speeches!
-Writing the Fundamentals final exam
-Prep for summer courses. Intro to Computers materials are needed by May 11th. That's not that far away!! I'm about 95% done with the July Fundamentals course, and have a syllabus and outline for Public Speaking.
-Get the fish out of the apartment. Apparently the kids who came into our apartment last week did steal something: fish food.
-Turn in apartment keys. We need to be out by April 30th.
-Rake leaves in the backyard by the shed.
-Make the front yard look nice.
-Buy a new car.
-Send our Qwest modem back (where's the UPS store?)

So I'm keeping plenty busy, but to quote Sue, "I like it like this"

1 comment:

Gayle said...

I follow your blog.