Sunday, August 23, 2009

School's Eve

The Fall semester starts tomorrow. Coming in to the weekend, I felt completely unorganized and unprepared, but after spending some time looking over materials, I realized I'm in much better shape than I thought. This semester I'm teaching Public Speaking M,W,& F, and KTS Intro to Computers on T & Th. I have 70 students registered for computers. I also have a late start online computers course that will start in October. One good thing is that I taught both of these classes this summer, so everything is fresh on my mind.

This afternoon I decided to start the next big house project: The office. It is painted white and purple, with a pink and purple flower border in the middle:

I started by removing the wallpaper. I actually finished about half before breaking for dinner. I'm not sure if I'll finish it all tonight or not. Next step will be spackling and then priming over the purple. I have some nice light blue paint we bought for the stairway and decided not to use that I will use for the office. Then, I can start putting my cat and viking decorations up on the wall.

I came downstairs and found Neville playing with a big black & blue wasp. Luckily, I don't think it stung him. Chance fought with the wasp for awhile, but the wasp really didn't want to die. Eventually, we got him. Now the window is dirty full of wasp spray.

UPDATE: 9:00PM. I finished removing the wallpaper on all but a portion of one wall - the one over the computer I'm typing on now. I found the easiest way is to peel off the top layer and then use the spray. It's going a lot quicker than expected. Photos to come...

No comments: