Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mulch

Yesterday I went to go get mulch from Walmart and paid for regular brown mulch. Who knew there were so many different kinds of mulch to choose from? When I went to pick it up outside, they were actually sold out of brown and all they had left was black and red. I went ahead and got the red because I didn't really think it made much of a difference.

Now I'm having second thoughts...

I'm afraid the red mulch will really stand out. The house is tan and brown in color, so the brown mulch the previous owner had out front blended in well. I know ma uses red mulch because I've helped her mulch the front and side before, but my parents have part brick on their house so the red matches a bit better.

The picture below shows the front of the house (before we moved in obviously, notice the Packer sign in the front yard). You can hardly see the brown mulch because it blended in so well. I'm talking about the part behind the birdbath in the photo, right in front of the porch (I know its hard to see, but that's my point exactly).



I'll probably stew about this for a couple of more days and then eventually decide just to go for the red mulch or return it to walmart and find brown mulch at Menards. Suggestions anyone??

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Brown (natural colored) mulch all the way. It comes down to a personal preference, but to me red mulch looks fake. Oh man, I have another email to write you about mulch, the purposes of mulch, what kind of a mess or non-mess you will end up with later, and the types available.

Gayle said...

Post a pic of what your house looks today now that the grass is up & leaves are out. Don't try to be photogenic. Don't try to clean it up for a photo. As-is is best for true comments.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you've lived in this house for a month now, you should take a real picture of the outside. And updates on the new painted walls.
-Sara